Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Our Story

Basically....we are in love .

This one was taken after Georgia's first bath and photo shoot :). She looks just as worn out as Uncle Alan.


Her first playtime. She loves this toy that makes classical music.

These are from the photo shoot we did in order to get a good shot for birth announcements.





Uncle Alan and Aunt Deven visited us on Monday. In this picture Alan is saying "check out those toes!"


Her first bath on Monday.





Aunt Deven meets Georgia.
"Uncle" Michael came to visit on Friday.
Shauta visits us on Saturday.
Justin & Amy came to see us too!


Georgia loves her neighbor, Jamie!

Georgia loves to suck on Daddy's pinky for comfort.Gifts from sweet family and friends!
Georgia came home from the hospital on Friday, May 8. Leaf, the cat, isn't quite sure what to think of her yet.
Waiting for Daddy to bring the car around to come home from the hospital.
Georgia prepares for her first car ride to go home.

Georgia in her coming home outfit.

Dad is looking a little sleepy holding Georgia on Thursday in the hospital.

"Aunt" Mary came to see us in the hospital on Thursday.

The family all came to hold Georgia for the first time on Thursday. Aunt Heidi helps Popi and Grandpa make a transfer in this picture.

Grandpa and Grandma!

Grandmama and her grandbaby!

Grandma hold Georgia while Popi looks on.
These were taken just after delivery. In this one Grandma sees Georgia for the first time.
Our happy new little family at last!
Grandpa meets his granddaughter.
Georgia already has Popi wrapped around her little finger.
The men of the family check out our new little girl.
A tired, but happy mommy and baby! It seemed like forever before I got to hold her.
We wait to get to hold our sweet little one just after delivery.

Georgia was born at 10:56 p.m. after I pushed for only 7 minutes! However, she did have a knot in her umbilical cord and it was wrapped around her neck 2 times. She was a little miracle baby, but she did have to get some oxygen right after birth and get amniotic fluid suctioned out of her as well.


Her first footprints!
Georgia warms up in the baby warmer. She's looking much less purple here.

Dr. Damian delivers Georgia here!

Things were quite intense before we got to push. At 9 p.m., Dr. Damian told me that we would probably need to do a C-Section because I was not progressing past 8 cm dilated and Georgia was not coming down into my pelvis. I asked to wait a few hours and try all of our options. At this point, there was a staff change and we got an awesome new nurse who got the doctor to start up pitocin again. She also put me into all kinds of weird positions, but the worked! At 10:40, she said I was at 9 1/2 cm dialated and that she was way down and ready to come out! No C-Section for us!
The other intense moment happened just after my epidural. My blood pressure dropped way down. I got really nausaus, but we got it under control pretty quickly. However, as a result Georgia's heartrate kept dropping after every contraciton (which I was having all on my own-we turned the pitocin off for the epidural and did not turn it back on until about 9 p.m.). They put me on oxygen and I breathed it in really deeply as each contraction faded and it worked to get her heart rate back up.






This one was taken just after we arrived at St. Joeseph's hospital. The started the induction process at 9 a.m. and I labored for 14 hours. When I got there they hooked up the monitors (her heartbeat and my contractions) and told me that I was already contracting on my own...I didn't even know I was already in labor....crazy!
Packed up and headed to the hospital!


One last belly picture-1 day short of 41 weeks!
My belly at 40 weeks.
Pat and I on our "last" date before the baby. We went out to eat at Square One Bistro.
My belly at 39 weeks.

No comments: