Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Saturday, May 23, 2009

2 weeks old!

Well Georgia is now 17 days old and we had our 2-weeks doctor's appointment on Wednesday. All went very well. She weighs 7 lbs. 11 oz. (up 7 oz. from her birth weight) now. We found out she has an immature tear duct, which is not medically bad or anything, but it does mean that she's going to have a goopy, yucky eye for up to 6 months. We just need to clean it with a wet washcloth until it clears up or she hits 6 months and then if it's not gone we'll go to an eye doctor to have it taken care of. Georgia also had a heal prick for blood tests. The nurse took her out of the room to the blood work room and I almost threw up waiting in the exam room for her to get back because I was so worried. Turns out that she slept through the entire thing...crazy little girl with crazy high pain tolerance and crazy hard sleep.

We were lucky enough to have Uncle Noah and Aunt Heidi visit us yesterday and today. All I have to say is...when can you move in, Heidi?

Georgia has now had her first bottle (full of breast milk, no worries my fellow lactaters) and her first pacifier. She's not so sure about the bottle, but that's okay because it's just for once in a while until I go back to work in August. She does however love herself some pacie...but what baby doesn't?

We have plans to make our first road trip to Duncanville/Cedar Hill June 6. So...please keep your eye on this and my facebook for our tentative schedule. We're going to try our best to carve out time for the Reid's, time for the Elder's, and time for our friends. I really hope that everyone who wants to gets to meet my sweet baby girl.

People have asked me lately about my employment status...no DFW job yet, but I do have a slight lead on a kindergarten position in Maypearl, so cross your fingers!

Well, back to enjoying a lazy Saturday with Pat and Georgia!!!

2 comments:

Mary and Michael said...

I hope you can make some time to see us!!!!! We miss you guys so much! Let me know if you want to hang out and maybe we could set up a get together or something here :-) Just let me know!! Love you all!

Heidi said...

did you get any good pics of us with georgia??? i don't have ANY and it isn't fair.
we had fun with you guys. great that you're not afraid to get out of the house. she sure isn't. i think my fav part was holding her for that last bit while she was sleeping. good cuddle time.