Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Saturday, April 11, 2009

Job Fairs, Get Away, OB, Belly, and Bluebonnets


Our Dallas Weekend

Wow do I have some catching up to do on here! Since I updated last...I did some baby shopping with my good friend Mary and now I really feel like I'm ready for Miss Georgia to make her big entry into our home. Her nursery looks complete and her bassinet is all set up; all I need now is the baby! Pat and I also went to the Red Oak Job fair. It went pretty well, but they really didn't know about openings yet because they are re-zoning and re-budgeting. I suppose its always good to shake a hand and drop off a resume though.

Last weekend was the big-y job fair though, Midlothian! It went really really well for both me and Pat. We were 2 of the first 3 people in line, so we got to go right into the screening process. We both made it past the initial screening with a MISD board member and onto a short interview with an administrator. I got to talk to the principal from Vitovsky (they have like 4 positions, including a K and 1st) and the principal from Miller Elementary (that's where my friend from high school, Kristin Moulden works). They were both really nice and seems to like the things I was saying. Pat got to talk to admins from both of the middle schools and the high school. The high school teacher even asked if he would be willing to teach ag if the position became available! Fantastic! No offers/calls yet, but we think it's still early and we feel good with our leads from that fair.

After the MISD fair, we headed out to Arlington's job fair and can I just say that it was INSANE! It was a freakin' mad house...there were like over 1000 people there. We stood in line for quite a while, but then we had to go and get to our other plans for the weekend.

That's when our last get-a-way before baby started. I surprised Pat with a weekend away in Dallas. We ate at La Madeline's (on of my biggest cravings since I got pregnant..but there are none in Bryan!), got massages, went shopping, stayed in the hotel we stayed in our wedding night, and had dinner at La Duni in Dallas. We even got to eat lunch with my parents and Grandma and meet up with Katie Couser for coffee on Sunday. It was just what we needed and I think we are more connected and relaxed thanks to it!



Me and Leaf look very much alike after a long day's work.

So we have finished our prepared child-birth classes and breast-feeding class. I feel a little more ready, but how can you really "prepare" yourself for childbirth?!?

This past Tuesday, Pat took a trip to Stephenville and attended the Tarleton State U teacher job fair. He got to talk with lots of DFW districts and even got some pretty good leads in Cleburne, Cedar Hill, and Richardson! Yay, Pat!'

Tuesday I had my first 3 truly noticeable Braxton Hicks contractions...weird. It really kind of freaked me out, but I went to the OB on Wednesday and every thing is going fine. Her head is down and he said that she is quite long. Her little bottom is just below my ribs and her head is about 3 or 4 inches below my belly button. I guess she's getting her height from Pat! I go back in 2 weeks at 38 weeks. I don't know why, but I just don't think that we are going to make it all the way to May 7, but I guess that's up to Georgia!

Belly-Week 36:Notice the sunburn from my garage sale yesterday. It went great-got rid of a bunch of stuff, hung out with Shauta & Jamie, and even made over $100! WOW! Now that is a great day off if you ask me!


Bluebonnets & Belly:
After sleeping in, and getting some breakfast out at the Hullabalu Diner, we decided to get some pictures of us in the bluebonnets today. I am at 36 weeks along in these.

1 comment:

Paul and Ashley said...

This pictures are beautiful! Your so happy and I am so happy for you!I can't wait to meet her!
ash