Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Friday, March 27, 2009

OB appointment & Job fair

I'm having a wonderful spring break! How about you? Monday was prepared childbirth class and we learned even more breathing and gross facts about child birth...fun, fun. Tuesday was a great pre-natal massage and I sooo needed it.

We went to the OB on Wednesday and he reported that all is well. The baby measured appropriately and her heart beat was strong than ever. I told the doctor that I'm just getting really anxious and ready to have my little Georgia in my arms...he warned me that around 37 weeks I'll be absolutely miserable and begging him to "get this thing out of me" and he wanted to warn me now that he won't do that until she is ready...hopeful, huh? That's okay, I'm just glad that with in 6 weeks I'll have the new little love of my life before my eyes. I know that I'm about to find out what true love really is and I can't wait. The other day I was thinking about how God gave his only Son so that we could live. It's always been meaningful to me, but in some way I think that becoming a parent will really help me understand how much love He really showed by giving Jesus up.

Yesterday was a big day for me. After getting up at 4 AM-CRAZY EARLY-I drove to Fort Worth to TCU for their around-the-metroplex interview day. I interviewed with 9 different districts and I got some pretty good leads from a few. Cleburne has a P-K and K job and maybe even a HS Chemistry job for Pat. Cedar Hill seemed to really like me. Waxahachie's rep knows my mother-in-law and goes to Holy Spirit Catholic where I got married. She told me she would definitely be sharing my resume and I'm super excited about that. Everman acted like they were even trying to search high and low for a position for me....so hopefully between all of that I'll get some phone calls and a job! I still have Red Oak's job fair this Saturday and Midlothian's (my top district) next weekend. Pray for us please :). Me and Mary at the State Fair in the fall.
Today I'm chilling out at Mary and Michael's in Lewisville this morning and any minute Mary will be home and we'll be heading out for a girls' day of lunch out and baby shopping! I'm trying to get some of those things that seem essential that I didn't get at my showers, but I'm not going to completely clean out my registries because I am blessed to have one more shower (and Pat's even invited this time) from all the girls at Pat's vet clinic work. But that one is April 19 and I would just go crazy if I didn't feel like I had the "essentials" way before that. It will be fun though. Pat showed me the invite yesterday and its super cute...sage poke-a-dots and a adorable little water-colored teddy bear. I love that it matches the nursery so well.

Well, I'm off for my girls day. Have a wonderful rest of your break, or week!

1 comment:

Mary and Michael said...

Hi! I started a blog for Michael and I because of yours. Miss you :-(